Strategic Economic Solutions Pty Ltd specialises in helping a wide range of clients assess economic challenges and develop understandable and readily applicable responses for their communities. Our overarching mission is to make economics work for people. We aim to help communities find relevant and appropriate strategic responses to often complex challenges, through effective use of information, understandable analysis, accessible communication, and on-the-ground consultation.
SES is interested in the real economic and social issues which are too often dismissed as 'small' in the sense that they often fall between the gaps of the larger programs and policies of governments. Yet they can be major challenges for the communities involved.
The company undertakes all stages of research and analysis: from specification of research methodologies; through primary data collection via workshops, focus groups, interviews, surveys and data purchasing; to analysis, preparation of reports and evaluation. SES is itself a small business, with very experienced and capable staff.
For clients such as the Commonwealth-funded Area Consultative Committees, local governments and community groups SES has evaluated and compared the strengths and weaknesses of regional economies, labour markets and small business sectors; analysed employment trends; and prepared and evaluated strategic plans. In this work, SES has often been called upon to emphasise particular local and regional issues such as youth employment, vocational training, or small business development.
Other work has included a large-scale survey of the growth needs of and policies relevant to home-based businesses (including development of an accelerated growth program); issues affecting the take-up of entry-level training by small business; preparation of a small business readiness self-assessment kit and feasibility studies for a variety of new enterprises.
Back to top
Growing regional economies
- employment patterns and trends
- feasibility studies
- import replacement, export enhancement
- enterprise development
- capacity building
- vocational education and training
- regional economic development planning
- customised regional workshops
- strategic regional and local responses to change
- local and regional waste management planning
- researching aspects of regional development.
Understanding home based business
- researching policies for a better small business environment
- home-based business needs and growth strategies
- delivering the Springboard micro business growth program
- designing reviews and program evaluations
- evaluating government and non government programs
- feasibility studies and business planning for business incubators
- training for incubator managers
- research into aspect of entrepreneurship
- Small Business Futures Workshops
Planning for social enterprises
- strategic planning
- group facilitation
- organisational change
- feasibility Studies and business planning for non-profits